Welcome to the Public Transport pages.
Buses and Martlesham Park & Ride
Listed below are the bus services available in Kesgrave.
You can also get this information when you’re at a bus stop. Each bus stop flag has a bus stop code and a telephone number to use. You’ll be sent a message in return with the time of the next bus.
Timetables of other routes can be found by clicking here.
- Bus Route 66 - Ipswich Railway Station - Ipswich Old Cattle Market Bus Station - Martlesham Tesco
- Bus Route 63 - Old Cattle Market Bus Station – Kesgrave (Main Road) – Woodbridge – Wickham Market – Framlingham Thomas Mills School
- Bus Route 64 - Ipswich Old Cattle Market Bus Station – Kesgrave Main Road – Martlesham Tesco - Woodbridge (including Peterhouse Crescent and Pytches Road estates),– Melton – Wickham Market – Farnham – Saxmundham - Leiston - Aldeburgh
- Bus Route 65 - Ipswich Old Catlle Market Bus Station – Kesgrave (Main Road) - Martlesham (Main Road/Black Tiles) - Woodbridge – Melton - Bromswell - Eyke – Rendlesham - Snape - Knodishall - Leiston - Aldeburgh
- Bus Route 68 - Ipswich Old Cattle Market Bus Station – Woodbridge Road – Garrett Anderson bus stop in Ipswich Hospital grounds - Kesgrave Main Road, Cambridge Road[, Orchard Grove, Edmonton Road, Edmonton Close, Bell Lane, Ropes Drive, Fentons Way
- Bus Route 972 - Woodbridge Turban Centre – Bealings - Kesgrave High School - Farlingaye High School
- Ipswich-Martlesham Park and Ride
- Bus Route 4 - Tower Ramparts - University Suffolk - Broadlands Way, Bixley Farm
Bus Boute Map - click to enlarge.
Community Transport / Connecting Communities
Stop Press - Kesgrave has been incorporated into the BSEVC Community Transport umbrella – a Charity which has been running Community Transport for over 25 years. Sufficient volunteers have now been recruited for the Kesgrave Community Transport scheme. However, residents now need to take advantage of this service, otherwise it will be lost.
Kesgrave has reasonably good bus services. But the buses don’t always go to the places people need to get to and bus connections are not always available at the times people need to travel.
Also, there are many people who are unable to use bus services because of health problems – for example they are unable to walk to / from the nearest bus stop. All of this can mean that people struggle to access essential services and medical appointments.
It is in these situations that community transport can help – please click here for more details.
Cycling / Cycle Routes
Kesgrave is well served by Taxi companies although none are Kesgrave based.
- Avenue Taxis (Ipswich) - (01473) 888 888, email@example.com, booking online or Free App.
- Woodbridge Cars/KCC Kesgrave (Martlesham) - (01473) 333 888, 0800 093 6612, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.woodbridgecars.co.uk, facebook
- M&R Cars (Woodbridge) - 01394 386661, 0800 169 4269, email@example.com
You can pick up the National Express Network in Ipswich at Cardinal Park
A useful resource for planning travel by bus, train, coach and ferry throughout Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and national travel by train and coach is Traveline. They can be contacted on 0871 200 22 33 or you can plan a journey on their website by clicking here.
If you have any issues with the buses or community transport Transport then please contact the Town Council Public Transport Liaison Officer, Sue Hall, via the Town Council Offices or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report a problem with buses to the County Council visit the Suffolk Onboard website.
To report a problem with First Eastern Counties local bus services contact the company at 6 Dogs Head Street, Ipswich, Suffolk IP4 1AD Tel: 01473 253800.